Self-Cleaning Standard System
This filter system developed by PURItech for on-road applications, features a unique technology, which works with a self-regeneration during operation. The passive self-regenerating filter system is the ideal filter for vehicles that operate in medium and full load duty cycle. Trucks in long distance traffic are getting retrofitted with the DPFN system.
Advantages at a glance:
- Permanent self-cleaning at 225C (average)
- 24 hours operating cycle without stop
- Monitoring system and system check
- Installation kit for almost all engines available
- The DPFN system is a self-cleaning filter system with passive regeneration on a catalyzed basis
- Filter and catalyst is one unit
- The system consists of ceramic monolith
- The DPFN system is designed for applications with exhaust gas temperatures from 225C and can also be used on diesel engines with medium loads
- Filter system for low backpressure, due to controlled filter regeneration
- Electronic system monitoring and data logging of operation per central unit
Description of Function:
The DPFN system consists of ceramic monolith, sheathed with a stainless steel can and internal insulated with an elastic mat against vibrations.
The filtration is achieved by a wall-flow method where the channels are plugged on one end and particles are remaining in the wall while the gas flows through the walls. A huge number of channels result in a big filter surface with a high storage capacity for soot particle.
The regeneration process of the DPFN system converts soot into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. A residue of burned oil (ash) remains in the filter.
- Monolithic filter block made of Aluminum Oxide
- Honeycomb with reciprocally closed channels
- Channel wall with porous structure
- Exhaust gas flows through channel wall and gets filtered
- Surface of the channels are catalyzed