The ThermaCat-e is specifically designed to provide cost-effective diesel particulate (PM) reduction for in-use diesel engines operating in medium/lightduty on-road applications. ThermaCat-e incorporates a number of unique features including:
- CARB verification to Level 3+ (>85%) for PM
- Active DPF with diesel exothermic (flameless) regeneration
- Requires no driver interaction or downtime while regeneration occurs
- Various sizes and configurations allow for broad engine coverage from 4-13 liters / model years 1994-2009 / 150-400 HP
- Greater than 95% PM Reduction
- Greather than 90% HC and CO Reduction
- CHP compliant for use on school buses
- Applicable to engines with EGR (exhaust gas recirculation)
- Eligible for CARB approved “swapping” allowance
- Serviceable DPF module is compatible with most commercially available cleaning machines
ESW Group uses only the highest quality materials, including all stainless steel construction, and a robust silicon carbide diesel particulate filter. This advanced, mature silicon carbide diesel particulate filter provides lower exhaust backpressure than a traditional wall-flow filter.
For ease of installation, numerous inlet/outlet end cone configurations are available along with proprietary mounting kits allowing for safe, quick and easy installation.
The modular design of the ThermaCat-e facilitates service and de-ashing of the diesel particulate filter. The reusable graphite seal and band clamp design enables quick turnaround for maximum uptime.
The ThermaCat-e balances the mandate for cleaner air with the demanding requirements of real-world on-road diesel applications, and the desire to maximize the economic life cycle of your equipment, with minimal downtime, while avoiding costly replacement.