Self-Cleaning Standard System with Pre-Filter
This DPFN+ system by PURItech contains of an additional pre-filter. Because of that the system regenerates (self-regenerating) even at low temperatures. The DPFN+ is applicable mainly at city transportation applications. The DPFN+ system is a typical filter for metro busses and distribution vehicles.
Advantages at a glance:
- Permanent self-cleaning at 225C (average)
- 24 hours operating cycle without stop
- Monitoring system and system check
- Installation kit for almost all engines available
- The DPFN+ system is a self-cleaning filter system with passive regeneration on a catalyzed basis
- The DPFN+ system consists of a pre-filter
- Filter and catalyst is one unit
- The system consists of ceramic monolith
- The DPFN+ system is designed for applications with exhaust gas temperatures from 225 C and can also be used on diesel engines with medium loads
- Filter system for low backpressure, due to controlled filter regeneration
- Electronic system monitoring and data logging of operation per central unit
Description of Function:
The DPFN+ system consists of ceramic monolith, sheathed with a stainless steel can and internal insulated with an elastic mat against vibrations.
The filtration is achieved by a wall-flow method where the channels are plugged on one end and particles are remaining in the wall while the gas flows through the walls. A huge number of channels result in a big filter surface with a high storage capacity for soot particle.
The regeneration process of the DPFN+ system converts soot into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. A residue of burned oil (ash) remains in the filter.
- Monolithic filter block made of Aluminum Oxide
- Honeycomb with reciprocally closed channels
- Channel wall with porous structure
- Exhaust gas flows through channel wall and gets filtered
- Surface of the channels are catalyzed