Self-Regenerating Standard System with HC-Dosing
This DPFN++ system is an active filter system with pre-filter and diesel fuel injection. The automatic controlled diesel fuel injection into the exhaust gas system achieves the regeneration of the filter. This system is designed for application with low load. Trash trucks are typically retrofitted with the DPFN++ system.
Advantages at a glance:
- 24 hours operating cycle without stop
- Monitoring system and system check
- Installation kit for almost all engines available
- The DPFN++system is a self-cleaning filter system with active regeneration
- Main function: Diesel fuel injection into the exhaust gas pipe (before filter) exhaust gas temperature increase to “filter-regeneration temperature”
- Catalytically burning of diesel fuel, temperature increase from 180 C up to 600 C possible
- Combination of active (diesel injection) and passive regeneration (catalyzed filter / fuel born additive)
- Fuel penalty <1% (not measurable)
- HC-dosing system can be retrofitted on the DPFN+ system.
Description of Function:
The DPFN++ system consists of ceramic monolith, sheathed with a stainless steel can and internal insulated with an elastic mat against vibrations. The filtration is achieved by a wall-flow method where the channels are plugged on one end and particles are remaining in the wall while the gas flows through the walls. A huge number of channels result in a big filter surface with a high storage capacity for soot particle.
The regeneration process of the DPFN++ system converts soot into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. A residue of burned oil (ash) remains in the filter.
- Monolithic filter block made of Aluminum Oxide
- Honeycomb with reciprocally closed channels
- Channel wall with porous structure
- Exhaust gas flows through channel wall and gets filtered
- Surface of the channels are catalyzed
The PURItech monitoring system monitors the status of operation and shows alarms if the backpressure reaches a certain limit because of a loaded particle filter. There are different stages of alarm; the first shows a light only, the second stage shows a light and an acoustic signal. In case of a broken filter, an alarm will be given as well.
Central Unit – Integrated Components:
- Diesel injection pump
- Electromagnetic valve (PID-controlled)
- System controlling and monitoring
- Backpressure / temperature monitoring
- Data-logger (memory 60MB)
- Alarm output – data output
- PC link (USB link: system – parameter – data transfer)
- CAN-Bus (i.e. protocol 1939)